Tuesday 21 January 2014

Courage - Part 3

Courage in the midst of the storm

John 10:10 “A thief comes only to rob, kill, and destroy. I came so that everyone would have life, and have it in its fullest.” CEV

It is wonderful to note that we have abundant life in Jesus, thank you Jesus that You came so that we could have life in all its fullness. The Devil comes to steal, he won’t even bother you if there was nothing to steal from you, you have a future, a family and a hope in Jesus – do not allow Him to steal from you.

“Most Christians think small, believe small and act small. It is impossible to think small and walk tall… the average person fights his Christian warfare from a defensive position. A conqueror enters the Christian warfare on the offensive.” Do not believe the lies of the devil, you are a child of God and the only way that you can be defeated is if you choose to lie down and act that way!

Tienie I want you to imagine a table with a royal blue tablecloth on it, on top of the cloth there stands a red wine glass, but the glass is empty. Now God takes a bottle of wine and starts pouring in into that glass, filling it slowly. The glass is now on quarter, half, three quarters full – now it is full, now it starts overflowing running over the tablecloth.

God I desire to be a vessel for You, I desire for You to fill me with that which so many people need, Lord place in my heart the words which You want me to share with others. That which You know they need, Lord that which You know will change their hearts. Help me Lord to touch the world, may I not share my heart, but Yours Lord.

2 Corinthians 4:7 “But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.” NIV

Lord it is not for my glory, but for Yours! It is not that people will stand up and say, “Oh Tienie did this” or “Tienie said that”, but rather Lord may You have the glory. I am but a vessel before You, and as I lay my life before You, I thank You fill me. Not for my own good, or my glory – but for Your glory – may You be praised for what is done through my life. May lives be touched, hearts changed, through my ministry and through my life. Thank You for the circles of influence that You have blessed me with, thank You Lord for the acquaintances that You have blessed me with, thank You Lord for that which You are doing in my life.

Corinthians 1:26-29 "Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things--and the things that are not--to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him." NIV

In ministry, one often gets tired, this is also true of everyday life as well. It is important that when you are tired, that you will focus on God, Tienie. Don’t make decisions when you are tired, remember that your judgment and your thinking process is different now. It is easier to be negative when you are tired. When we are tired we need to go to the well and be filled again, Lord let Your living waters flow over my soul, thank You Lord that I can live on Your strength and not on my own.

Philippians 4:19 "You can be sure that God will take care of everything you need, his generosity exceeding even yours in the glory that pours from Jesus." MSG

Deuteronomy 31:8 " The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." NIV


Thank You Father God that You take me in Your arms right now, and Lord that You strengthen me.

Continued in Part 4

No comments:

Post a Comment