Saturday 4 April 2015

Stop, never again - Part 4

Now, on to the list

So now that you have seen Moses' never again list, we can get into our never again list to see a list of things that we should not let stand in our way from serving God.

I can't


Philippians 4:13 “I have the strength to face all conditions by the power that Christ gives me.” GNB

Philippians 4:13 “Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.” MSG

I am afraid


2 Timothy 1:7 “For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” MKJV

Romans 8:15 "For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." NIV

Psalm 63:8 “I cling to you, and your hand keeps me safe.” GNB

Hebrews 13:6  Let us be bold, then, and say, "The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What can anyone do to me?" GNB

Deuteronomy 31:8 “The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." NIV

I am having doubts


Mark 11:23  “If you have faith in God and don't doubt, you can tell this mountain to get up and jump into the sea, and it will.” CEV

James 1:6  “But when you ask for something, you must have faith and not doubt. Anyone who doubts is like an ocean wave tossed around in a storm.” CEV

Mark 9:23-24

“23 And Jesus said to him, “If you can! All things are possible for one who believes.” 24  Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!” ESV

I am not ready


Philippians 3:13-14

“13 My friends, I don't feel that I have already arrived. But I forget what is behind, and I struggle for what is ahead. I run toward the goal, so that I can win the prize of being called to heaven. This is the prize that God offers because of what Christ Jesus has done.” CEV

If you wait until you are perfect before you step out and do something for God – then you are never going to move!

Christ in us is our strength and in our weakness His strength and ability is revealed.

 2 Corinthians 4:7 “But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.” NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment