Tuesday 7 April 2015

Stop, never again - Part 5


I am feeling weak


Joshua 1:9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” ESV

Joshua was Moses' successor. He had some pretty big shoes to fill as he had to lead the millions of Israelites into the Promised Land. This was no time for Joshua to feel weak – he had to step up to the challenge before him.

Joel 3:10 “Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.” KJV

Everyone, even the farmers will need to be warriors.

Psalm 54:4 “You will help me, Lord God, and keep me from falling;” CEV

God is the One who is holding our hand, like a father holds his child's hand while they cross the street together. God will not let us fall if we trust in Him to hold us up!

Psalm 119:116 “Give me strength, as you promised, and I shall live; don't let me be disappointed in my hope!” GNB

God has promised to be our strength, we cannot do this on our own. Realize your dependence on God and draw near to Him.

God has promised to be our strength. We need to ask every day for that strength which only He can give us.

Ephesians 3:20 “I pray that Christ Jesus and the church will forever bring praise to God. His power at work in us can do far more than we dare ask or imagine. Amen” CEV

How big is your imagination? If Paul says here that the power of Christ in us can do more than we dare ask or even imagine, then you must know that we truly serve a great God. God's thoughts are not our thoughts and He is not limited by our knowledge or shortcomings, if we will put out trust in the everlasting God then He will strengthen us and deliver us.

I was an accident / mistake

So because I was not planned, God can't use me.
I was born at the wrong time!

Ephesians 1:4 “Long ago, even before he made the world, God chose us to be his very own through what Christ would do for us; he decided then to make us
holy in his eyes, without a single fault—we who stand before him covered with his love.” TLB

Did you know that God chose you to be His very own? You are so special to Him. He gave the life of His Son so that we would not have to die. And more than just being special, He has made us holy we are covered in His love right now! You do not have to try to perform to be a better Christian. You have the power of God in you right now if you are God's child and He has already covered you in His love! You already have it. Let everything that you do be motivated by this, knowing that you are already loved, not that you need to perform to be loved.

Ephesians 2:10 “God planned for us to do good things and to live as he has always wanted us to live. That's why he sent Christ to make us what we are.” CEV

God loved us so much that He made plans for us. God was not surprised when you were born, neither did He wonder what to do with you after He had made you. You did not catch God by surprise, like a sculptor He started forming you knowing what He wanted before He made you. God made you who you are for a reason.

Psalm 139:13-16 (feel free to read the whole of Psalm 139)
“13  You created every part of me; you put me together in my mother's womb. 14  I praise you because you are to be feared; all you do is strange and wonderful. I know it with all my heart.
15  When my bones were being formed, carefully put together in my mother's womb, when I was growing there in secret, you knew that I was there--- 16  you saw me before I was born. The days allotted to me had all been recorded in your book, before any of them ever began.” GNB

This is one of my favourite Psalms. God formed us personally. He even wrote about us before we were born, recording all our days in His book.

I hope that this makes you feel more special to God. You were not a mistake or an accident and you certainly did not surprise God if He was the One who formed you. Why don't you ask Him what His plans for your life are?

No comments:

Post a Comment