Wednesday 7 October 2015

A Secret Agent - Pat van Wyk

Belvedere: Hello everybody, my name is Belvedere.

Jo-Jo: Hi and my name is Jo-Jo.

Belvedere: Humming. Mmm

Jo-Jo: What are you doing?

Belvedere: I,m on a mission!

Jo-Jo: Oh, (silence) Are you an agent?

Belvedere: Yes!

Jo-Jo: (excitedly) Like, like 007 James Bond?

Belvedere: An agent, 007? Who is 007?

Jo-Jo: A secret agent of the police?

Belvedere: No, the secret is out and it must be told.

Jo-Jo: What do you mean ( puzzled) You are an agent, but (slowly) not a secret agent, because its not a secret anymore.

Belvedere: Yes.

Jo-Jo: So what kind of an agent are you then?

Belvedere: (proudly) I am an agent for Jesus!

Jo-Jo: Oh!

Belvedere: (starts singing)
I'm on a mission
I'm on a mission
I'm on a mission for Jesus (Belvedere sings it once alone for the kids to hear the words.)
Now let's all sing it together x2

Belvedere: It is bubbling in side of me and I have to tell it to get it out, I am so excited.

Jo-Jo: Bubbling? Excited? (Asking slowly)

Belvedere: Yes, when Jesus has touched you, you too will be on a mission!

Jo-Jo: Really?

Belvedere: Yes, you will not be able to keep it to yourself! It will bubble and bubble up inside of you, until you begin to tell others about it.(Excitedly)

Jo-Jo: Then tell me, tell me. (calling out)

Belvedere: Okay, Do you know that Jesus died for          
you and me.

Jo-Jo: (slow) Me too!

Belvedere: Yep! You too!

Jo-Jo: Oh, tell me more?

Belvedere: Jesus is the Son of God.

Jo-Jo: Yes (pull it out)

Belvedere: When you invite Jesus to be the Lord of your life, He comes and lives in your heart.

Jo-Jo: Yes (pull it out) yes (short)

Belvedere: Well He changes you and you just want to sing and tell everybody how you feel.
(singing) I love Jesus, yes I do
                I love Jesus, yes I do
Now let's all sing it together: x2

Jo-Jo: I know, I know, you said you just want to tell everybody.

Belvedere: Yes, you get it.

Jo-Jo: You’re on a mission.

Belvedere: Yes, Yes.

Jo-Jo: Well?

Belvedere: Well, what?

Jo-Jo: I have got to get it too. I want to be on a mission!

Belvedere: That’s, great you will be my first convert.

Jo-Jo: What is a convert?

Belvedere: A convert is somebody who belongs to Jesus.

Jo-Jo: I want to be a convert, a convert. (singing)
What do I have to do?

Belvedere: It is very easy. Say after me, Jesus I am a sinner (wait) and I believe (wait) you died (wait) on the cross (wait) for my sins, (wait) I invite you (wait) into my life (wait) right now (wait) come and live (wait) in my heart. (wait) I choose to (wait) be a Jesus child today. (wait)

Jo-Jo: I got it. I’m on a mission. (singing) I am an agent for Jesus. Come on everybody let's sing:
I'm on a mission
I'm on a mission
I'm on a mission for Jesus x2

Belvedere: Now you are on a real mission to get to know Jesus and go and tell everybody about Him and read your Bible.

Jo-Jo: So now I must read my Bible and prayer everyday?

Belvedere: Yes, Jo-Jo prayer is just talking to Jesus.

Jo-Jo: I know it’s like reporting to head office. The agent has to report (pull out) and get orders.

Belvedere: Well, (slowly) I didn’t think of it just like that, but you’re almost right, prayer is talking to God and God hears our prayers.

Jo-Jo: So tell me more about the reading part Belvedere.

Belvedere: Okay, the Bible is made up of books with true stories.

Jo-Jo: Yes, true stories.

Belvedere: I know a song about the Bible, I will teach it to you.

The Bible is the Word of God
The Bible is the Word of God
The Bible is the Word of God
it tells us of His love x2

Jo-Jo: Read us something Belvedere?

Belvedere: Okay, let's read out of the Bible in John chapter 3 verse 16. "This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, so that you and I can have a full life.
Jo-Jo: That’s why you said its not a secret anymore because it is in the Bible for everyone to see hey!

Belvedere: Yes, and that’s what you did. You believed and you became a child of God.

Jo-Jo: I am a child of God and I have got uhm, that long word?

Belvedere: A full life. It simply means you have Jesus as a friend forever.

Jo-Jo: Really?

Belvedere: Yes, Jesus is your friend here and in heaven.

Jo-Jo: That’s me, I am on a mission. (singing)

Belvedere: It is so wonderful to know that God loves us so much that He gave us Jesus as a special friend.
 
 Jo-Jo: Yes, Jesus is the Son of God. (Excitedly)

Belvedere: Let's see what you remember kids?
(Jo-Jo agrees in between.)

1) I'm on a mission for Jesus.
2) So now the secret is out, Jesus is alive.
3) It is exciting and bubbling news.
4) Jesus is the Son of God.
5) Pray and read your Bible everyday.
6) The Bible is a true story.
7) Jesus is your best friend.

Belvedere is still talking: do you want Jesus to be your best friend?

Jo-Jo: Yes, yes!

Belvedere: It is very easy. Say after me, Jesus I am a sinner (wait) and I believe (wait) you died (wait) on the cross (wait) for my sins, (wait) I invite you (wait) into my life (wait) right now (wait) come and live (wait) in my heart. (wait) I choose to (wait) be a Jesus child today. (wait)

Jo-Jo: Yes! I am a child of God.

Belvedere: Well kids that is all for now. Remember Jesus loves you!

Jo-Jo: I have to go tell others I am a child of God. Bye –
Bye.

Belvedere: (singing) I am on a mission. Bye – Bye
Let's sing it one more time.
I'm on a mission
I'm on a mission
I'm on a mission for Jesus.

Both Dolls: Bye – Bye.

This has been such a privilege. It would be wise to see if the children understood everything. Those who excepted Jesus for the first time should receive cards or certificates and the parents must be told to put the day and date in their Bibles. It could be good to check if they understood what they did.

Thank You Jesus.

Love Pat.

No comments:

Post a Comment