Tuesday 21 January 2014

Courage - Part 2

Courage in the midst of the storm

Ephesians 1:4 “Long ago, even before he made the world, God chose us to be his very own through what Christ would do for us; he decided then to make us holy in his eyes, without a single fault—we who stand before him covered with his love.” TLB

Isn't that amazing Tienie to know that God wanted you so much that He was prepared to offer up His own Son as a sacrifice for you, that’s just so amazing.

Ephesians 2:10 “For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” NIV

It is so amazing, that God has made us and Ephesians 2:10 says and uses the word “masterpiece” in some translations, that we are God’s masterpiece, not simply an accident or a mistake or even a plan B. You are not a plan B Tienie, you are God’s creation and I want you to know that as you read these words.

God is our Abba Father, which means daddy because God reveals Himself in family terms so that we can identify with Him.

Romans 8:15 "For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." NIV

Matthew 10:30 "And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered." NIV

Psalm 139:13 "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." NIV

Psalm 23 "GOD, my shepherd! I don't need a thing. You have bedded me down in lush meadows, you find me quiet pools to drink from. True to your word, you let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction. Even when the way goes through Death Valley, I'm not afraid when you walk at my side. Your trusty shepherd's crook makes me feel secure. You serve me a six-course dinner right in front of my enemies. You revive my drooping head; my cup brims with blessing. Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life. I'm back home in the house of GOD for the rest of my life." MSG

This passage is meant for right here on earth, not for us to only experience the day we enter into Heaven. God wants us to have peace here on earth as well.

Prayer: Thank You Lord that we can call out to You even during the difficult times of our lives and know that You hear us and know that you are with us. Thank You Lord for Your great and overwhelming comfort in our lives. Thank You Father God that we do not have to give up and we do not have to give in, but Father God that we can trust in You.

Surely there has to be reason in everything, if God has planned us so long ago, surely He must have meant us for something and yet – we battle to see that sometimes. But we need to live for God’s glory for He has made us for Himself.

Continued in Part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment