Tuesday 21 January 2014

Courage - Part 5

Courage in the midst of the storm

Proverbs is such a wonderful book because it offers us some of God’s wisdom,

Proverbs 3:7-8 “Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.” NIV

Proverbs 3:6 “in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” NIV

Proverbs 4:23 “Keep vigilant watch over your heart; that's where life starts.” MSG

Many different translations use the word “thoughts” instead of heart.

Proverbs 23:7 “for as he [a man] thinks in his heart, so is he;" NKJV

Your heart is so important, do not allow negativity to take root in your heart, don’t allow doubt or fear into your heart either. These things aim to corrupt and destroy you, these things aim to bring you down and destroy you.

Prayer

Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” NIV

1 Corinthians 2:9-10 “"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"-- but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.” NIV

Ephesians 3:20 "I pray that Christ Jesus and the church will forever bring praise to God. His power at work in us can do far more than we dare ask or imagine. Amen" CEV

1 John 4:16 “God is love” NIV

1 John 4:19 “We love Him because He first loved us.” NKJV

John 14:27 “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart! And the peace I give isn’t fragile like the peace the world gives. So don’t be troubled or afraid” TLB

Peace is essential. A band called MIC sings “Live life without regrets, if you smoke the right brand of cigarettes” in their song Mr Frankenstein. Showing us the message that advertisers would like us to believe.

Fish were made to swim in the sea, plants were made to grow in the ground, birds were made to soar in the skies. When you take them out of that you destroy them. A bird can’t swim, and a tree can’t fly. You and I were made by God, to live in Him and have a relationship with Him. If we do not have a relationship with Him we will not be able to live life to the full – if I have not found God then I am like a fish that has been taken out of the water. It is powerless to do pretty much anything, all is lost for the little fish – unless it is put back into the water.

Ephesians 3:16-17 "that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love" NKJV

Psalm 1:1 “They are like trees along a riverbank bearing luscious fruit each season without fail. Their leaves shall never wither, and all they do shall prosper” TLB

Do you want to accept God as your saviour?
Or have you back slid and you wish to recommit your life?
If you wish to know God please pray this prayer with me now:

Dear God I want to know you as my Father
Thank You that Jesus died to set me free from my sin
I confess that I am sinful and I ask that you would come into my heart
Save me from my sin and make my life whole
In Jesus Name, Amen

If you have backslid, then ask God in your own words to forgive you and to welcome you back. Remember that the prodigal son was welcomed back with open arms by His Father. He was not given a list of conditions, but was welcomed back in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment